Monday, August 16, 2010

Love & Positivity (What my goodbye thread would have said)

So even though I left PSC, I decided to pull some things that some really great people had said to me to put here for future reference.  I honestly have never been so overwhelmed and touched that some people who have never had a chance to hug me, and some who have only spent hours with me, cared about me this much.

Snow/Sara :)
Gigs, I love you to death. I'm here anytime you need anything, anything at all. You are beautiful and deserve everything in this world that is good!
Panacea/Dr. Sarah
I'm sorry to see her go. Giggs, if you need anything, don't hesitate to get in touch. I hope things start looking up for you soon because you deserve nothing but happiness. <3
gigglesqueak: Smart, funny, gorgeous. I think she's going to be an amazing nurse. I really enjoy reading what she has to say. She's easily one of my favorites around here.
 ThisHouseRemix/Dai
You'll be missed, Giggs. I feel really lucky to have, even if just on the surface, gotten to know someone of your caliber. You're a great individual with tons of love for people.
Yin/Jackie
My heart is breaking right now. I don't know what's going on but I really hope she's okay. I love and adore her so much. :(
Tantalus/Kayla
This makes me really sad. I felt like I was just starting to get to know Giggs.

Confused

I hope things turn out okay.
 WWB/Kate
I'm going to miss Giggle around here a lot. She's a great friend, and I think she really is a beautiful person. I know she must have her reasons for leaving PSC, but I do hope she knows that I'll always be there for her.
Deschain/Matt
We have't talked much recently, but i really hope she's okay. I was pretty shocked to read her blog post today (shortly before i saw this thread).

She deserves nothing but the best.
 Splegak
Crying or Very sad
Hope things will work out for her.
Pink1989
I'm sad she left. I hope she can work everything out.
IBIA/Maria
It makes me so sad to know she left. She's one of the few people here that gave me a chance and got to know me a little bit better, and she sure has helped me with my problems. I am sad I won't be able to do the same with hers, even if it's just encouragement words..

She was a huge and amazing part of this community, and she sure as hell will be missed.
All the things I want to tell her, I already have, via FB message. I adore her and I have nothing negative to say about her. 
Sterns
I'm sorry Giggle left. But her life was getting in the way of itself and I hope she finds the clarity she needs to overcome it's obstacles.
kmn1988
I'm gonna miss Giggle. She was always full of good advice and was really funny.
askewedinc/Adam
Giggs,

I hope everything turns out for the best for you. You will be missed. Good luck in life!!
bunkingum/Sharon
Giggle. <3 Best of luck dear. You will be missed.
Yes?
I enjoyed GiggleSqueak's posts. I hope she's alright.
maggie_b
I haven't really been on PSC for a couple years. I've been back these past few weeks because I've got some shit going on that I've been looking for advice about.

Even though it's been over two years since I was a regular here, I remembered Giggs. She was the first screen name I recognized my first time back, because I remember her as an insanely genuine person who wouldn't hesitate to help or offer advice (or in some cases, call you out on your bullshit, which is a trait I respect).

I hope that whatever direction her life takes, she finds herself back on top and happier than ever. I also hope that she finds her way back to PSC, when circumstances allow for it.

Good luck, Gigglesqueak--you will be missed.
TheSilentCryptographer
Thats unfortunate. Giggs was a staple of the PSC community for as long as I can remember, she has put in so much love, care and attention to this forum beyond what one may expect from a dedicated member. She was always there to help where/whenever possible, and being a poster who gained some very helpful advice from her, I am very thankful.

Word cannot express nor describe it, but once again, thank you. You will be dearly missed, and hopefully you will be able to apply the extensive knowledge and emotion you have given so many here into your own personal issues. Good luck!!!
shay/Shannon
We barley know each other as of now but i do hope life get's a little easier for you. I hope you are doing what is best for you and letting those who love you help if they can help. You are missed already!
spero/Anne
giggs, i'm sorry life has handed you such a crappy hand lately. you know how to find me if you ever want to talk.
BananaRama/Craig
Wish you well, Jessica.
Dione/Ginger
:/ I hope you feel better, Giggs. *misses you* <3 *stalks you with other forms of social networking* >_>;
whiterose/Becca
I really hope Giggles gets better. She's been very kind and generous of heart for a long time, even to people who don't deserve it. People who try to insult her are just low and sad.
snowysweetheart
bummer.

I'll miss ya, giggle...
no-nameslob/Lauren
What da eff is going on with gigs? I lay low for a few days/weeks/months and see this? Shocked Hope errerthang's goin good.
cavedog/Steve
Gigglesqueak - Giggles is a great friend and a sharp poster. It'd be very different here without her.
utellme
Gigglesqueak- I think that she gives great advise for the most part. I know she's in nursing school so she probably feels the same pains that I am at the moment Laughing I haven't talked to her personally to say much more than that.
loveinslowmotion
Giggles : I've never spoken to her personally, but I think she is effing gorgeous & I like reading her posts & responses to threads. She's a very educated, smart & lovely woman. Glad she's here.
Atrophy/Dan
GGS :: One of my favorite posters on here. Srsly. <3 her. We have our tiffs and rubs, but we always end up on the same page at some point. I admire that in a friendship. Smile
WhispersAndWishes
Gigglesqueak - I love giggles. She's so intelligant, sexy and sweet. I haven't once disagreed with one of her posts on serious topics. She's fabulous at giving advice and she seems like she'd be a great laugh IRL.
 Lady.Laz/Tarah
We've been through our share of shit. I hope she's alright and if she doesn't come back to psc I'll miss her. 

I don't think Gigglesqueak is a facade, or an online handle, or just a poster on a forum.  She represents the best of me and the worst of me: the epic posts that kept me from deleting all traces of me from the site and the belligerent rants that deserved the kicks in the ass that I often took.  She is the girl that would stay up until the sun came up on AIM, in Chatzy and in Harem, talking about everything from blowjobs to religion to politics to society.  She is opinionated, she loves a little too deeply and hates a little too easily.  When she's emotional, she sees black and white until she calms down enough to see the gray.  Her anxiety can be crippling, but so can her will.  She's a critical thinker when the issue doesn't touch too close to home.  She employs self-criticism more often than she should.  She leans very liberal in nature with some conservative touches.  Her goals and dreams are bigger than her self-discipline.  Like everyone else in this big world, she's a walking contradiction of experiences, thoughts, insecurities, promises and contemplations.

But it's time for me to merge the things I learned as Gigglesqueak into Jessica and learn how to implement them into my everyday life.  I'm confident that I can do this, but I'm not so sure that I can do it while holding onto the position I have in the Post Secret Community.  I value helping people on there too much to do it halfheartedly, and at the same time I can't explain to anyone how much it worries me to leave the support system I've had online that I've known and loved for awhile.  I'm scared that I might lose contact with my friends once we don't have a forum to connect us - I'm scared of being replaced in their hearts by more readily available people that will join and post.  I know that leaving will force me to focus on myself, my life, my friends that I see and love in person that I've often neglected for those living states away.

Did I live my life on PSC?  I don't know how to answer that.  From the outside looking in, I suppose I can admit that I used it as a crutch.  It kept me from having to seek connection in real life when I had an AIM list full of people who loved me and would chat at all hours of the night.  It kept me from calling my best friend at 3 am when I was upset because I could just IM Steve, or Sara, or Dan, or Tarah, or Kellie, or Adeline, or Maria, or, god, so many damn people.

Was it worth it?  Hell yes, it was and always will have been worth it, if nothing more than the clarity I got for seeing how my life compared to others, to see that some of the worst things that have happened to me did not occur as some freak isolated accident.  Knowing that I'm not alone in my fears, my insecurities, my financial troubles, my boyfriend troubles, my flaws, my anxiety.  All of the people I met, all of the posts I read - every single one of them forced me to examine something about myself and introspect.  From as broad as being sad over my parents' divorce (thanks, pluckyduck) to as specific as my BDD (thanks, IBIA) to the knowledge that there's a little evil inside of all of us that we have to acknowledge (thanks, Sara-Snow) to embracing my unique and crazy side (thanks, Kellie) to realizing that there's still something at the bottom of all the layers of an onion (thanks, Steve) to knowing that the abuse was not my fault (thanks, Tarah) to remembering a past relationship on a happier note (thanks, Kayla) to finding another science nerd with financial dramas that smoked pot and lived to talk about it (thanks, Kate) to even learning that not everyone will put up with my dramatics (thanks, Dan).

Thank you for the experience, PSC.  Be well.

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you for many many reasons that you well know. You've come a long way for such a young person, and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

    You will be missed on PSC, but alas, we all have our time to go, and you know those of us who absolutely adore you will find a way to stalk you anyways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you'll ever have to worry about someone replacing you - you're one of a kind love. :)

    Thank you for being such a wonderful part of a community I adore so very much. I will miss you wholeheartedly there. I can't express the impact you and so many others made on me - without your advice and words, I might still be in a very bad place right now. Your posts in my thread were the ones I re-read the most. You never met me and you still cared so much, and helped me more than anyone in my "real life" ever did. It just goes to show how great of a person you really are.

    Thank you for being amazing.

    <3

    Yin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I'm waaay late to this train, I, too enjoyed all your posts. If the thread was huge, I'd browse through just to read your posts, and skip over most of the rest. Your big heart and kindness won't be forgotten, and no one there has or could take your place.

    ReplyDelete