1. Make it through the next 30 days of working this temp job.
2. Organize all of my notes from the following classes into one folder by subject matter: ANA 109 & 110, NUR 861, 863, 866, 870, 871.
3. Clean out and organize my dressing table.
4. Finish unpacking my den. Set to do this on Thursday, when me and A are both off work.
5. Clean out and organize my desk.
6. Hang the artwork around the house. Set to do this on Thursday, as well.
7. Buy a futon. Looking and comparing prices online.
8. Get my characters to levels 75 & 25.
9. Read through and test with both of my NCLEX review books. Have been slacking hardcore on this one. Get caught up to the schedule tonight!
10. Save up $500 (-$100) in cash. Transferred $100 over to savings from checking today.
11. Finish reading the Gossip Girl and Luxe book series. Actually finished the "official" Gossip Girl series, but apparently there is another book out there that's the prequel to the first book in the series, so I'm debating whether or not I've "finished" it or not.
12. Buy a cookbook and make 5 new recipes.
13. Plan out a mini vacation with A. We're discussing a road trip to Texas to visit my mom and some friends. Probably will be spending at least some of my saved up money on this vacation if it happens.
14. Work out. Have been slacking.
15. Finish my video project.
Work:
Interestingly enough, my job is not that bad, and I'm finding a lot of things to spend my money on. I really need to get a good pair of tennis shoes, though. I honestly think if my feet didn't hurt so bad at the end of the work day, I would almost enjoy the monotony of the job. No customers, no bullshit, no talking, and after working with the public for years in jobs I didn't like, it's at least nice to nix that out of the equation for once. Although I'm not sure trading giving up customers is worth giving up air conditioning...
Other stuff:
I think I want to get a guided journal and I've been looking on Amazon for some. The ones that I found that I think I like:
The Self-Esteem Workbook
The Self-Esteem Guided Journal
It's not so much that I have super low self-esteem or anything like that, but I do find that I have a lot of internal criticism of myself throughout the day. I also am prone to letting other people's negativity rub off on me. I think it would be interesting to go through and do exercises like this for myself to find out a better idea of who I "really" am inside. A lot of times when I write, I feel so all over the place and don't seem to really get to the point. A guided journal or workbook can help me focus better. I was passing the time at work yesterday in my head by listing out good things, things that I like about myself. I like the positive self-talk I've been doing in my head lately, and I'm hoping that getting one or both of those books would reinforce it.
No comments:
Post a Comment