Wednesday was my best friend's birthday. We are going out tonight to celebrate her being another year older, and about 5 years wiser. It will be a funk band at a Caribbean restaurant, so I'm pretty excited!
Work
So...because I suck and I just didn't feel good this morning, I called in to work. The truth is that I wasn't really sick, I just didn't feel like going. But, my reasoning is that this is a special occasion for my best friend and if I worked all day, there is no way that I would have felt up to going tonight. Regardless of all that, work has gotten to be slightly more interesting. Last Friday, I ended up meeting some guy while I was loading up my cardboard things and I needed to get a pallet of them opened that had plastic and green things on it. I don't have a knife or anything, nor do I know where to get one, so I was just kind of staring at it helplessly. So C came up with a fish knife and cut it apart for me. He asked me my name and at first I thought he said "Claus" over the loud roaring of the machines and conveyors. But it actually is a different C name. I also at first thought he told me "Drink lots of water and have lewd thoughts" but that also was a mishear. Anyway, when I went to the break room, I guess I sat at his group's table by accident really. He introduced me to all of the people in the group and they were really nice...pretty much immediately included me in things.
I'm honestly a little wary of C though. According to the ladies in the group I look like a younger version of his wife, which is kind of weird to hear no matter what, let alone with a super friendly guy. He's done nothing too skeevy but he is pretty perverted, which I should be used to after all of these years working with men. It's a warehouse, most of the people are brasher, you don't see too many divas around there. Which leads me into Creepy Guy. CG comes up to me and asks me if I'm from another state because apparently I didn't have a Kentucky accent? Regardless, it was strange and he babbled on about his life. All the while, I'm trying to load up my bin with cardboard things. (I think you're getting the picture that I literally do nothing besides scan books, get and return carts and load the bin thingie, and that the pallets for the cardboards for the bin thing is where a lot of departments intersect.) The very next day, I was by the water fountain at my station and he stopped by "casually" and said hello like he was seriously making a move on me. I have begged A to get me some kind of wedding ring so I can pull off an illusion of being married. A band won't really interfere with my job and anyway it's fake, I just need something to ward them off.
This is one reason why I do not wear tight as hell white see-through capris with a dark colored thong at work, though. It was some girl's first day last week, and this is what she wore. And she is a voluptuous curvy woman, but not even in any major overweight way, she just has a big butt and big boobs. Point I'm trying to make is that with my body type, with my thick legs and butt, I have to be careful about being sexual by wearing too tight lower body work stuff because guys will look at it, and she makes me look like I have nothing.
Otherwise, I'm happy about getting paid every week, and direct deposit too, which is so fucking nice.
I'm going to go back to playing my game now. <333
No comments:
Post a Comment