Thursday, May 27, 2010

From the Mouth of Babes

A journal entry I wrote on January 19th, 2004 @ 11:14 PM:
I'm at the end of this journal, and at the end of a stage in my life.  I'm not exactly sure what starting to write in a new book will be like, but I'm excited to begin a new chapter.  And I'm ending this one on a high note.  Not everyone can say the same thing.  This is me, Jessica _____ ________.  I'm 16 years old.  I'm 5'3 3/4" with brown hair and blue-green eyes.  I have braces.  I love to write and take pictures and play field hockey.  I value God, my family, my friends, and my boyfriend.  I'm in love with Jeremy _____.  This is me.  And despite all the trials I will go through in my life, hopefully I can look back on this and remember everything with as much feeling as when I wrote it.  Because this is the essence of me, and always will be.
I really needed this today.  Reading my journal from when I was in high school has helped me to remember who I really am, and who I want to be.  I'm going to be okay, even if occasionally I lose my way and my sanity along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment