Friday, May 21, 2010

Good Friends

Good friends don't get mad at you for good things happening in your life when their life is less than ideal, and they certainly don't compete with you.  Good friends celebrate your accomplishments, and don't point out the negatives when you're trying you're hardest to just be happy for what you've settled on.  Good friends hear you out when you have a problem without changing the subject to something about themselves, and they drag you out of bed even when all you want to do is lay there and cry.  Good friends cheer you up when you're down instead of getting down in the mud and wallowing with you.  Sometimes, even good friends pay for your food or buy you a poster when all you have in your bank account is a few dollars.

But mostly, good friends accept you for who you are, flaws and all, and love you anyway.

I'm striving to be one of these good friends, and I'm hoping that I'll attract more good friends to add to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment