1. I get angry, like hell's fire angry, over things that I shouldn't, like dropping my keys on the ground, someone looking at me weird or my cat knocking something over.
2. I normally look to someone or something else as an excuse for my behavior.
3. I use my boyfriend as a punching bag.
4. I prefer my friends to do things on my terms, my way, on my schedule.
5. I'm not open to trying new things unless I am already interested.
6. I'm judgmental.
7. I've kissed other people while I've been in a relationship.
8. I'm a terrible gossip.
9. I'm jealous of everyone, even my friends, in a horrible way.
10. I let my childhood be an excuse for everything I do wrong.
11. I go on and on about things for forever, I can never just let things go.
12. I would rather numb my pain through drugs, alcohol, masturbation or destructive behavior than deal with it.
13. I've made appointments with a therapist at college twice now, and both times not gone to them because I didn't want to deal with it.
14. I have lied to professors more times than I can remember in order to avoid ruining my GPA because of absences in classes that have attendance policies.
15. I have forged doctors' notes for the same reason.
16. I intentionally ignore phone calls for no other reason than I don't feel like talking.
17. I barely visit my father and stepmom even though they live 20 minutes away.
18. I'm horrible with money. I spend what I don't have, and then I use my credit cards when my real money is gone.
19. Try as I might, I still have problems with lying. I wonder if I always will.
20. The reason I haven't gotten a job yet is because I haven't been able to pass a drug screen and was unwilling to take the chance of failing.
21. I insult people for things they can't help, in particular my ex-best friend for her gummy smile.
22. I'm late to everything, and then I pretend that it doesn't matter.
23. I'm selfish, and self-centered.
24. If it inconveniences me, there is a good chance I am not going to do it.
25. Even though I worked in fast food and remember how hard it was and how bad people treated me, I still get angry at them for things like fucking up my really picky orders.
26. If you cross me, I will fuck you over in a bad way. Seriously.
27. I am a grade A attention whore.
28. I get mad at people for having an opinion different than mine, even when it's within their right.
29. I can't take any criticism about myself without becoming emotional.
30. My maturity is basically a facade - I am a child with a temper tantrum inside.
31. I only open up to an extent to people. When it comes down to it, NOBODY really knows me or gets me, and even the ones who get close, I start disliking because they know too much about me.
32. I assume that anyone who doesn't act like they adore me hates me, and therefore I start hating them.
33. My house is always a cluttered wreck and it doesn't bother me unless I have company coming over.
34. I'm bad about cleaning the litter box for my cats.
35. I used to be a cutter and I wish I still did cut.
36. I enjoy the attention I get from random guys out at bars. I think I'm probably a slut stuck in a relationship.
37. I hold grudges for a long time.
38. The standards I have for myself do not meet the standards I have for other people.
39. At one point, nobody could count on me to keep plans. I am better, but I still have a tendency to call and cancel at the last minute.
40. I bitch about my problems with no intentions of listening to advice.
41. Sometimes if I don't have to see anyone for a few days, I don't shower, let alone do my hair or wear makeup.
42. Kids annoy me. The ages of 3-10 are the absolute worst.
43. I have, on occasion, kicked, hit and thrown my cats as a result of them pissing me off.
44. I cuss constantly. "Fuck" is my word of choice.
45. I honestly believe that super religious people are brainwashed idiots.
46. I'd rather fight than be ignored.
47. I eat junk food and rarely exercise and then complain about being overweight.
48. I use the words "always" and "never" in my relationship fights all the time.
49. I still haven't explicitly told my father I'm bisexual. I don't know if I ever will.
50. Between this list and everything else, I realize how much a waste of space I am.
This isn't for pity. I want to change. But in order to change, I have to be honest.
Case closed.
I can't comment on most of those points. But you're wrong about #50, i'm certain of that. Case closed.
ReplyDeleteThank you, "anonymous" :)
ReplyDeleteWow...I definitely commend you for your honesty...a lot of these sound like me too... hey, we're all fucked up in our own way...I give you lots of credit for wanting to make things better...
ReplyDeleteI know you posted this like, forever ago. However, I have a tendency to think about commenting or something and then forget until forever later.
ReplyDeleteAnyways. A bunch of those sound like me too. Being honest with yourself is the worst awesome feeling ever. I'm all for being honest, I have a lot of things I need to own up too. However, putting yourself down isn't cool either.
You aren't a waste of space. I think you are a really awesome person, with a lot to offer. I think a lot of people probably think that about you, so you should try to remember it.
Thank you, all of you, for the support.
ReplyDeleteI wrote this when I was in a bad place, and very emotional, but when it comes down to it, these are things I have to face about myself. If I want to be a better person, being honest is the first step. :)
I could have written 90% of this, but I probably would not have had the courage to do so.
ReplyDelete