Saturday, April 10, 2010

Friday, March 5, 2010 @ 4:41 pm

"Getting to know you"...Sometimes I read lists about myself and wonder how I came to be who I am.

- I write amazing things in my journal I can't share with the world because they are full of secrets.
- I don't like connections forced upon me, but sometimes I tend to force connections with people. Go figure.
- I really enjoy movies with symbolism and beautiful production.
- I am bisexual and always am surprised by how people react to it when they find out since I'm in a long-term relationship with a man.
- I cry at all kinds of things like reality TV, commercials, Disney movies and books.
- I am romantic at heart. I think I would have made an extremely good boyfriend because I have such romantic ideas.
- I have a very high libido.
- I know a lot about sexual education because it's my job, but also because I'm a pervert.
- Birds kind of freak me out.
- I love Gossip Girl.
- I love Lady Gaga.
- Tailgating is one of my favorite college experiences.
- My favorite color is red.
- I absolutely hate the way I look in a bathing suit at the moment.
- Chocolate might be the death of me. I crave it every day, even though I don't eat it every day.
- Warm weather turns me into a totally different person.
- Inside of my heart, there is an explorer dying to just escape and be free, but she is constantly competing with a logical, practical woman in my brain.
- I am a true Sagittarius. My boyfriend is a true Taurus. My best friend is a true Gemini. It's interesting how much Astrology makes sense for everyone in my life. I like to read my horoscopes.
- My personality type is ENFP - Extroverted Intuition Feeling Perceptive. Sometimes I feel introverted, but then I remember that once I get over the formalities, I never shut up.
- Dancing has saved my life on a bad night.
- Drinking has saved my life on a bad night.
- I like highlighters. I like to underline my notes with them. I also like to draw with them when I'm bored.
- My best friend is my true best friend. I would take a bullet for her.
- My boyfriend is my emotional rock. I would be a mess if I lost him.
- Even though I am close to my parents in ways, they really have no sense of who I am fully. They only have glimpses and assumptions to go on.
- I don't trust anyone to keep their mouth shut. This is mainly because I have heard many mouths flapping, my own included, in my life.
- I trust my friends to be there for me. I do not trust them to not gossip.
- I'm an Atheist, and I get more excited about Christmas than any other holiday.
- I attended three proms. My sophomore year, I went with my boyfriend who was a junior at another high school. My junior year, I went with my best guy friend at the time who I was also sorta dating in a strange way. My senior year, I brought my current boyfriend who was 23 at the time and had no business being at a high school dance.
- I enjoy lists a lot. In fact, that's why I love threads like this because typing like this is fun.
- If I was to choose something besides nursing, I think I would go into computer-related graphic design. I can't draw for shit, but I can organize material very well and make it look cool.
- I love penguins.
- My cat is my son. I adore him.
- My parents are divorced.
- I have a younger brother.
- I have an even younger half-sister.
- I have an older stepbrother and a younger stepsister.
- Kentucky stereotypes kind of make me laugh. People have no idea what we are like here. People are always surprised I'm from Kentucky.
- Politics sometimes just get too infuriating for me to care about. I'm a Liberal but I think we have to listen to everyone.
- I tend to get insomnia from time to time.
- I often abbreviate phrases in my head like "POA" for plan of action.
- I say I want kids, but honestly I think I'm way too selfish for kids right now. I don't know when I'll be willing to give up my dreams for kids.
- I have dermatillomania. I bite and pick at the skin on my lips. I've done it since I was 4. It's strangely relieving when I'm stressed.
- I have the extremely pale, Victorian-era skin. It usually gets a comment, especially if I'm on vacation anywhere sunny.
- I have freckles on my nose and randomly on my body.
- My childhood was very hard growing up. However, I think it made me a person capable of empathy and understanding and has ultimately shaped me to do better in my career.
- I'm always the asshole getting into debates and deep conversations at parties.
- I don't watch or like Family Guy, The Office, Lost, Gray's Anatomy or American Idol. When those conversations are sparked at parties or gatherings, I don't get the references or have anything to add.
- I am 22 years old. People normally guess me at 25-27. I'm flattered, but then I wonder why I look so old.
- I love to travel and meet people in new places. It's almost addictive.
- I enjoy kissing and cuddling almost as much as sex.
- I actually don't enjoy driving all that much. I have terrible road rage, I can be nervous, and I have horrible fears of crashing. It's a necessary evil though, so I do it.
- Somewhere along the way, I learned how to do my hair and makeup. But I was the most awkward girl with no sense of style in middle and high school.
- My favorite part of patient care is the communication. It's where I think I excel. But otherwise, I really enjoy giving injections for some crazy reason.
- Sometimes I see my life like a movie, with myself as the director. I incorporate soundtracks as well.
- I like knick knacks and save bits and pieces of things for memories. I have a "Memory Box" with all kinds of things from high school.
- I often still daydream about how my life would be with what if's. I don't like to dwell in the past, and I don't always worry about the future, but I sure do live my life in alternate present realities.
- I'm worried that if I was to become disabled, my life would be destroyed. I have an intense fear of being unable to move around.
- I wish I could believe in God sometimes, because the idea that all of this is over in about 50 more years is sometimes too sad to bear.
- When I was a sophomore in high school, we had to do a psychology exercise in English class. It revealed that I am scared of old age. I just don't want to be a burden, or miserable.
- Cycling hurts my ass, but I have an almost euphoric feeling when I'm in the dark pedaling.
- A good bed makes everything better.
- I think everyone is interesting and alive inside, but we're all very much alike. When I remember this, I treat everyone a lot better.
- My first kiss was when I was 13. He rated it a "6" while laughing in a pillow.
- I try to learn as much as a I can about Autism and Aspergers' Syndrome because of the effects it has on my life.
- I really love to sing, but my voice is horrible. I just stick to the simple songs and sing loud when I'm alone or in the shower.
- I had to give away 2 guinea pigs when I was 19 because my boyfriend moved out of his apartment. It really made me feel horrible.
- I am pro-choice. I wouldn't ever give my child up for adoption, though and it would be a rarity for me to get an abortion. Once again going back to the "what-if" wondering.
- I like to find patterns, I like numerology, I like astrology. I don't always believe it, because I tend to be too logical, but I still love to read it and pretend.
-Sometimes the fact that a whole species of animal was eradicated a long time ago worries me.


secrets forced
beautiful people cry romantic
a pervert, freak
gossip, love, tailgating, red
moment crave warm
explorer makes formalities
("saved", drinking, highlighters)
true mess glimpses many friends
excited dance
but love is divorced
"i have an idea, sometimes insomnia,"
phrases selfish lips
pale freckles shaped debates at 22
addictive kissing
song-crashing-awkward communication
soundtracks, knick-knacks
realities disabled years
a euphoric bed treat
pillow effects, loud apartment
ever logical animal

No comments:

Post a Comment