Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sunday, March 21, 2010 @ 5:48 pm

Second round game results:

- #9 N. Iowa upset #1 Kansas by a basket

In my opinion, Kansas was weak this entire game. I watched it from beginning to end and was very disappointed with their effort. The last few minutes was the worst I've seen them play. N. Iowa wanted it more, I think. This was quite the bracket buster upset.

- #5 Michigan St. beat #4 Maryland at the buzzer by a bucket

Maryland just didn't close out at the last minute when they could have. Michigan St. was able to get a last-minute 3-point-shot for the win on the last possession to beat them 85-83.

- #6 Tennessee knocked out #14 Ohio by 15 points
- #2 Ohio St. advanced over #10 Georgia Tech
- #1 Syracuse took out #8 Gonzaga by 22 points

This is the only team that really would worry me facing Kentucky and luckily we would not have to face them until the championship game. I do think they are a real threat and contender for the national title. They are the only other team to blow out their opponents thus far in this tournament.

- #5 Butler edged out Murray St. by 2 points
- #2 Kansas St. beat #7 BYU by a dozen

Kansas St. looked tough in this game. I don't think BYU gave them this win.

- #10 St. Mary's upset #2 Villanova

This was another bracket buster. I think that the main thing with this game was that St. Mary's is a good team that was underrated due to the "easy" schedule.

- #3 Baylor beat #11 Old Dominion by 12 points
- #11 Washington upset #3 New Mexico with an 18 point victory

I think Washington has a chance to keep going and face UK if they can get past West Virginia.

- #2 West Virginia knocked out #10 Missouri by 9

WVU kept Missouri an arm's length away this entire game, but never really exploded and broke away for this game to be the blowout it could have been. There were some huge offensive lulls by WVU and ultimately Missouri just never capitalized on them.

- #12 Cornell knocked out #4 Wisconsin by 18 points

Poor cavedog. Our rivalry will continue without conclusion...but seriously...UK would have wiped the floor with them. Laughing

- #1 Kentucky kicked the ass of #9 Wake Forest, to the tune of 30 points

Admittedly, I am biased. BUT. There were so many plays during this game that caught my breath. I actually gasped at some of the magic Wall and Cousins and Bledsoe and Miller were showing on the floor. Even the bench got a chance to play, and apparently everyone on the UK team has scored during this tournament. To me, that speaks volumes to the coaching that Calipari does because he's fair. When we are up by a ton, he puts in the players who barely get game time due to the stars, and it's awesome to watch them play too. Even Krebs got a 3 pointer! Haha, in the press conference the players even stated that 3 pointer in the last minute to put them up by 30 as the highlight of the game.


OHHHHH NCAA TOURNAMENT. It has been an interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment