Saturday, April 10, 2010

Thursday, March 18, 2010 @ 9:12 pm

UK advances to the second round! So it's still in the process of going from 64 teams to 32. I still am pretty confident that is coming down to Kansas and Kentucky in the championship game.

There were a lot of upsets this year in the first round:
- #14 Ohio beating #3 Georgetown by 14 points
- #10 St. Mary's over #7 Richmond by 9 points
- #11 Washington beating #6 Marquette by 2 points
- #13 Murray State over #4 Vanderbilt by 1 point
- #11 Old Dominion beating #6 Notre Dame by 1 point

There were also some close calls, like WTF @ #2 Villanova only beating #15 Robert Morris by 3. These haven't been predictable games and there have been plenty of lead changes. Apparently Ohio was the first #14 seed to get into the second round of the tournament in a really long time. We'll see how that holds up against the winner of the 6/11 match-up of Tennessee/San Diego St.

Really, the only blowout that has happened at this time was UK beating E. Tennessee St.. Now, I am not saying that we are unstoppable, but we did beat them 100-71. I am actually worried about our next game, which will be either against Texas or Wake Forest, 8 & 9 seeds.

The day's events have completely fucked my bracket, luckily I did not have any money on it to lose. Laughing I will update again after the rest of tonight's games.

No comments:

Post a Comment